2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 11, 2010 3:55 PM by jradziszewski

Create SQL Script to start a scheduled task

Rookie

Hi all,

I am creating a tool to autocreate a LND Task, add computers but now i want to add an option to be able to  start the task.

I tryed the following SQL query:

"UPDATE LD_Task SET Task_Status='1' WHERE LD_TASK_IDN=[TaskIDN]"

This does update the taks status but it doesn't start the task on the computer the status of the computers stay's on waiting.

What do i need to do to also start the task on the computer?

Thanks in advance

• 1. Re: Create SQL Script to start a scheduled task
          Catalysttgj Expert

I think you're going to need to push SchedQuery.exe or one of the other Sched*.exe apps on the core to get what you're after.

Before they introduced a way to control the frequency of how often policies would refresh (think pre 8.7 + some service pack), I made myself a little winbatch script that would push SchedQuery to get all the policies targeting freshly added/imaged computers. My script caused all tasks to refresh. You may only want the one task to refresh. You'll have to research the Sched*.exe command(s) switches to determine if this is even possible. I think it is, but i can't find the code to the script i made right now to tell for sure.

Hopefully this alone is enough information to get you in the right direction provided it works obviously.

Good luck!

• 2. Re: Create SQL Script to start a scheduled task
            SupportEmployee

The schedqry switch to resolve one task is: /policy=[ID]

where 'ID' is the task ID

e.g.

schedqry.exe /policy=555