2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 9, 2011 9:16 AM by JBnCO

Add scan files to ldappl3 for Mac

JBnCO Apprentice

I added .conf to the  Macintosh scan extenstions section of the ldappl3.template and plubished it to the clients.  The file I'm looking for is in the /etc directory and I want to pull back the smb.conf file as we made changes to it.  When I scan the system, I'm not seeing this in the managed software list to be dispositioned, to be scanned, or to be excluded section.  I'm wondering if the /etc file is not scanned by default and how to include that directory.

Running LD 9.0 with the Mac Rollup 02-10.  I have not updated the clients to the Mac Rollup 06-10 or SP1 yet.

• 1. Re: Add scan files to ldappl3 for Mac
          JBnCO Apprentice

Now that I have had some time to revisit this, I found in the ldappl3.template file there is a section called Searching folders on the mac platform.

There is an example showing the format as MacSearchFolders=/johndoe.  What if I wanted multiple folders to search.  Is the format:

MacSearchFolders=/folderA /folderB /folderC

or is it like the Windows "Exclude Folders" section and in this format

MacSearchFolders=/folderA

MacSearchFolders=/folderB

MacSearchFolders=/folderC

Also, what about subfolders?  Would this work: MacSearchFolders=/folderA /folderB/subfolderB /folderC

• 2. Re: Add scan files to ldappl3 for Mac
            JBnCO Apprentice

No one has any info on the actual format to add multiple folders to scan for the mac?

is it this way?

MacSearchFolders=/folderA /folderB /folderC

or is it this way?

MacSearchFolders=/folderA

MacSearchFolders=/folderB

MacSearchFolders=/folderC

or is it some other way?