4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2010 5:47 AM by dmshimself

Creating "Create Child Incident" action link more than 1 for different "window form".

djs Apprentice

Hi,

Is there any configuration to setting "Create Child Incident" action link more than one? (as I know the default is only one)

Purpose of this requirement is creating 8 child incident link for different "window form" one n another,

However, that means there will be 8 different "window form" available.

Appreciated for any solution n suggestion

Thanks,

Denny

• 1. Re: Creating "Create Child Incident" action link more than 1 for different "window form".
          ITSMMVPGroup

I'm not quite sure what you mean, so some further examples might help.  It might be that you want to have the action create different incident processes and that be able to have different forms for these.  That you can do, but you'd need to do some process work.  Indead of just using the action directly, you create an action of your own to collect the data and then use an automatic action in the process to create the child.  The key is that in process designer you can change the default process used to be one that you want.  That then launches the right process wit hthe right form.

You can do the same trick with tasks too.

• 2. Re: Creating "Create Child Incident" action link more than 1 for different "window form".
            aparker Employee

I agree with Dave, can you provide some more information about what you're trying to achieve. There are methods of enabling the creation of different processes within a workflow and what Dave has described is the most common, but it might not be the right approach in the first place.

Andy

• 3. Re: Creating "Create Child Incident" action link more than 1 for different "window form".
              djs Apprentice

Hi Dave/Andy,

Please refer to my attachment.

The picture was created by mspaint (not real in the LANDesk), but can be describe the condition that I want to achive currently.

Is that possible or not?

Regards,

Denny

• 4. Re: Creating "Create Child Incident" action link more than 1 for different "window form".
                ITSMMVPGroup

Yes.  You will need to write 6 custom actions in the process each with the right name to collect the data on 6 different forms for 6 different processes.  Then use process designer to fire off an automatic action(s) at the right point to create a child incident with the right process name in the action instance details.  Depending on what these processes are designed to do, I'd seriously consider using the same trick to generate tasks as an alternative approach.

But if you need to have full incidents and not tasks, then it will work fine.

I'd suggest you make sure you have enough process licenses left before starting along this route.  This will not matter if you use tasks, but top level processes like incidents are counted by the product and you will not be able to activate more than you are licnesed for.