8 Replies Latest reply on May 1, 2011 11:22 AM by aparker

Clearing out Color

Jamie Cannon ITSMMVPGroup

I'm testing Response Levels and Escalations for our SLA's and I have run into something weird.

I have an escalation set up to highlight tickets that have not been assigned to a technician in green.  I have it set to "Complete" when the status is "With Technician".  In my testing, the tickets changes color when it's in an Open state but when it goes into a "With Technician" state, it doesn't clear the color out.

Is this supposed to work this way or should it clear the color out when it reaches the escalations complete status?

Thanks,

• 1. Re: Clearing out Color
          karenpeacock SupportEmployee

Hi

It's meant to work this way to indicate that it has "breached" a green escalation.  If you want the colour to change back you can create an escalation which starts at the "With Technician" state and changes the colour to what you were hoping for.

Best wishes

Karen

• 2. Re: Clearing out Color

So if it's already breached and is a green color, if it were to breach another Response Level, should it change colors again if I configure it to or will it just stay that Green color?

• 3. Re: Clearing out Color

It should change as long as you tell it a new colour you want it to change to and you set the escalation to breach soon after moving to this status.  The only problem with this is that perhaps you will move it to a "With Technician" state a few times and it will always go back to this colour.  Is this ok though?

Best wishes

Karen

• 4. Re: Clearing out Color

This should be fine.

I guess the ultimate goal is something like this:

-- If a tickets sits in an Open status for 15 minutes is changes to green showing that it needs to be assigned to a technician.

-- Once it's with that tech (With Technician) the highlighted color doesn't need to come into play.

-- While it's with a technician, they have 32 hours (depending on priority) to Resolve and Close that ticket.  If it's not, it needs to turn Red.

This isn't out of the ordinary is it?

• 5. Re: Clearing out Color

In my experiences, normally the green colour would stay on the ticket.  The reason being that the ticket wasn't assigned within the 15 minutes so it has in effect"breached" or passed the requirement that it should have been assigned within 15 minutes.  The fact that it was then later assigned when it got to 16 minutes doesn't really change the fact that it wasn't originally assigned within 15 so normally the colour would remain to indicate this.

Best wishes

Karen

• 6. Re: Clearing out Color

That makes sense.

I'll see how our Mgmt wants to proceed.

Thanks for the help!

• 7. Re: Clearing out Color
                      Rookie

Where do I need to go to change the color of our Breached Tickets?  We currently have it set to RED, but RED makes it difficult to read the tickets on our Dashboard.

Thank you.

• 8. Re: Clearing out Color
                        aparker Employee

The colour that is given is defined as part of the Escalation Actions for each Response Level. To make a change to the future colour go to the Administration component and select the Service Level Management option. You'll need to go through each Response Level and locate the escalation that sets the red. You'll find there are much subtler shades of red that will work for you.

If you are wanting to change the settings for those Incidents that have already been set to the bright red, I'm sorry, but that can't be done using the tools provided.

Andy