3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 10, 2010 5:46 AM by aparker

Creating change from incident

Apprentice

Hi,

Is there any way of getting the new change call to open up automatically when we create it from an incident? At the moment we create the change and then have to go in to the Changes collection in the incident window and open it from there.

We are on 7.2.6 (and I won't be entirely suprised if someone tells me the option isn't avaialable in that version!)

Thanks,

Oliver

• 1. Re: Creating change from incident
          aparker Employee

Actually as you have exactly described, it isn't available in the current version either. I guess there are two things here. are you wanting to display a blank window? if that's the case then we can do it, but I guess the reason for your question is because you want to add more change data than you are getting from Incident. Is that the case? If so, we have a solution for you.

Let us know.

Andy

• 2. Re: Creating change from incident
            Apprentice

Hi Andy,

At the moment, the Change is created with the same details as the Incident. An analyst that creates a change will almost always then need to do some work on the Change call, whether it is just assigning it to a specific team/analyst.

It would be a lot easier if it opened up for them, rather than them having to open it manually.

Thanks,

Oliver

• 3. Re: Creating change from incident
              aparker Employee

The way we have implemented this is to build what is in effect a dummy Change window as a collection on Incident. You then use process design to display on that window the various additional information that will be used in the Change process. You follow this with an automatic action of Create Change where you're using value type from bot the main Incident object and this 'Change Info' object. Yes, the real Change window won't be displayed, but it does simplify the interaction the analyst needs to carry out.