2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 16, 2010 9:26 AM by blaine67us

Incident Crystal Report Line Graph

Apprentice

Hi there,

I'm really not an expert in Crystal Reports, but I've created a SQL view to get the data I woul like(Id, creation date, user, etc.).

I'm struggling to create a line graph chart in Crystal with Total, Open and Closed Incidents from month to month.

Does anybody have an example of a line graph chart report or something similar ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.........Thank you. 

• 1. Re: Incident Crystal Report Line Graph
          karenpeacock SupportEmployee

Hi Brian

I've not done much with graphs in crystal in the past but I had a quick look for you.  If you insert the chart on the Data tab you would need "On change of" to be pm_process.pm_creation_date (and then set the order button to be "for each month") and lc_status.lc_name.  You would want the "Show value(s)" section to be a count of im_incident.im_id.

Now the problem on a line graph is that it doesn't seem to show you a overall total just the count for each status.  I expected that I would be able to write a formula for this or something but couldn't work it out yet.  So instead I picked a stacked bar chart which shows total and the split per status nicely.

Hope this is of some help.

Best wishes

Karen

• 2. Re: Incident Crystal Report Line Graph
            Apprentice

Hi Karen,

Thank you for replying.  I really appreciate it.

I've attached a sample report the user gave me as a moch-up.  It is not an actual report.

I have found trying to create the line graph rather difficult and ended up with a pie chart for now until I can figure out the line graph.

It gets rather fustrating, since I'm kinda new to Crystal.....

Thanks again,

Brian