2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 25, 2008 3:21 PM by RickDavie

PXE BOOT MENU (SLOOOOW)

Rookie

When using the PXE BOOT MENU from within LANDesk Managment Suite, it takes FOREVER to load. I have been told that it can slow down with a large number of scripts in that menu. I have 40 locations with an average of 5 - 10 scripts per location. Does anyone have or know of a way to help speed up the PXE BOOT MENU loading from within the management suite to edit or add scripts? It can take 10 - 30 minues to load when I open that option.

Thanks

Greg.

• 1. Re: PXE BOOT MENU (SLOOOOW)
          Jed SupportEmployee

Try this:

TFTP Transfers are slow to some machines.

You can download an up to date version of the startrom.0 file from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/906425 or obtain from Windows Server Support Pack 1 in the C:\Windows\ServicePackFiles\i386\STARTROM.n12 (rename to STARTROM.0).

Replace the existing STARTROM.0 in LANDesk\ManagementSuite\LANDesk\VBoot\ and redeploy any PXE Reps.

If a manual copy is desired, the STARTROM.0 can be replaced on the PXE

Representatives by overwriting STARTROM.0 located in \Program

Files\LANDesk\PXE\System\images\x86pc\undi\provwin, \Program

Files\LANDesk\PXE\System\images\x86pc\undi\winpe, and \Program

Files\LANDesk\PXE\System\images\x86pc\undi\wpemenu (all WinPE options).

• 2. Re: PXE BOOT MENU (SLOOOOW)
            Expert

Greg

Get the core on a faster network, Add an IIS application Pool for the the Imaging Process. How big is your dosmeun.cfg file. I find it hard to believe it takes that long... Anyway First answer is most likely the best one.... Just throwing in my 2 cents worh... There is an IIS document attached, I am sure its on here already but I could not find it... ;p)