2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 10, 2014 4:16 AM by nii.ansah

Bare Metal Device Import

Expert

LDMS 9 SP1

I can't seem to get the import feature to work to import a csv of devices I want to add to bare metal provisioning.

To add multiple devices
      1. In the Network view, expand the Configuration group. From the Bare metal server item's shortcut menu, click Add devices.
      2. In the Identifier type list, select an identifier type that matches the data you will import. (I used MAC)
      3. Type the location of a text file (CSV) which contains the identifier information in the text box (or click Browse to find the file), and click Import.

Each identifier should be separated by a comma in the CSV file. The import file format is identifier; display name.

I created the csv with the format mentioned and nothing happens. I can add the devices 1 at a time no problem.

• 1. Re: Bare Metal Device Import
          Expert

The help file instructions have the format backwards.

From the help:

The import file format is identifier; display name

It should read something like this:

The import file format is display name, identifier. The column header is not required.

Eg:

Computer1,<MacAddress of computer 1>
          Computer2,<MacAddres of computer 2>

Thanks Joe for your help.

• 2. Re: Bare Metal Device Import
            nii.ansah Rookie

Please note that the spaces after the comma are very important. If you don't place spaces after the comma, the data will not be imported.