3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 21, 2017 11:56 PM by Motaz

Reporting on Surveys

Rookie

Hello All!

I've been tasked with using Crystal Reports for the purpose of reporting on the answers from a survey that has been created using the object manager and window manager in landesk. I've located within in the database where the answers and comments to the survey's questions are stored. As I understand the process, the questions presented to the customer are created as labels in the window manager. Is there any correlation between the contents of these labels and the database? I'd like the report to be able to rank the survey questions by their answers, and would need the questions themselves to appear on the report, and so far all I've come up with is manually copying the questions into a custom table. I would like to be able to automate the process to be able to account for the possibility that the survey will eventually be modified with additional questions.

Any suggestions or pointers to documentation that could tell me how to go about this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx in advance,

Charles

• 1. Re: Reporting on Surveys
          Lara Hellman SupportEmployee

Hi Charles,

The question attributes on the out-of-the-box Survey object are actually of type Int16 and have allowed values.  As you've seen, when a survey is saved only the position of the value is stored on the survey object, not the value itself.  These values are stored in the md_attribute_type table in the md_allowed_values column.  The questions you see on the form are the labels of the attributes and are stored only on the form itself.

While it is feasible to extract all this data from the database, it might be easier to re-create the questions as reference lists as these will then be stored in separate tables and will be much easier to link to on a report.

Thanks,

Lara

• 2. Re: Reporting on Surveys
            Mohammad Haddad Apprentice

Any update on this ??
            also in that tables i just find the values for the question ,, how can i exactly pull out the value for each survey !!

• 3. Re: Reporting on Surveys
              Motaz ITSMMVPGroup

Hi Haddad,

The easiest way to achieve this is by having a reference list with the questions and configure it as a read only field then when you generate reports you can just link the two tables and get the answers accordingly.