3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 26, 2010 2:05 PM by dmshimself

Add 1 more checkbox email notification

djs Apprentice

Hi,

On the Incident Form, I have 2 EndUser which is "Actual User" (EndUser1) and "Reported By" (EndUser2).

As I know that on the REMAINDER form there's only have 2 checkbox for notify asignee and notify caller (I changed to Notify Actual User).

So now I need to add 1 more checkbox for email notification to Reported By (EndUser2). Is that possible?

(Screenshot attached)

Regards,

Denny

• 1. Re: Add 1 more checkbox email notification
          ITSMMVPGroup

Having a check box will not carry out the action Denny.  What you will need to do is send off another reminder explicitly to the other user in the process itself.  i.e. fill in the user details with a value type from the second persons details.  I'd probably replace the system reminder action with one of your own at all spots in the process to do this consistently.

You could also use the ADD CC action if what you are trying to do is send the same update to the end user to other person.  Again a small bit of process work to force this to happen, but then every time an email goes to raise user, it will go to this other person too automatically.  You will need to enable CC action in mail manager for that.

• 2. Re: Add 1 more checkbox email notification
            djs Apprentice

For the second approach I think customer would not be agreed bacause for the EndUser2..helpdesk have to tick the checkbox when they want to send it, if not they will uncheck. Because as you said that "every time an email goes to raise user, it will go to this other person too automatically", so means no option to check or uncheck the ENDUSER2, is it correct?

For the first approach, there is issue when the Add Remainder is additional action (not in the process flow). Is it possible?

Denny

• 3. Re: Add 1 more checkbox email notification
              ITSMMVPGroup

You could have a check box using the ADD CC approach and then if the person checks this box, the Add CC action would be carried out and from that point onwards the mails go to both people. If you wanted someone to be able to select a check box on each window that could send an update out to either none, one or both people, then you'd need to build that into the process too, but using the Add Reminder approach.

Dave

1 of 1 people found this helpful