3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 28, 2010 12:58 PM by karenpeacock

Suggest todays date on a window?

Rookie
      Hi,
      I have a window which contains a date field. I want this to always show/suggest todays date when the window is opened. The user should then have the option to leave it at this or select another date. How can I accomplish this in 7.3.2?
      BR
      Erik
        • 1. Re: Suggest todays date on a window?
          karenpeacock SupportEmployee

Hi

Funnily enough was just running through this when testing something else   Here are the settings I used in window manager:

Date CheckBox = True

DateTime Range Operator - leave this blank

DateTime Range Attribute = Creation Date

Date CheckBox Checked = False

DateTime Display Type = DateOnly

ShortDate Format - set as required mine was set to False

What will happen is that when you open the window today's date should be displayed but with the checkbox next to the date not selected.  Therefore if nothing is changed on the date field a NULL will be recorded for the date.  If you check the box next to the date then today's date will be stored in the field.  If you want to override the date then check the box and click the calendar to pick your required date.

I hope this is what you were hoping for.

Best wishes

Karen

• 2. Re: Suggest todays date on a window?
            Rookie

Hi Karen,

Thanks for you quick answer.

However, when starting to check out your suggested solution, I noticed that the behaviour I'm looking for actually is the default behaviour . This without setting the Range attribute or Date Checkbox.

It seems as my window/field had some baggage I wasn't aware of.

BR
            Erik

• 3. Re: Suggest todays date on a window?
              karenpeacock SupportEmployee

Ah yes good point well made!  I had been changing the various settings around for my test so missed that.  Glad you found the answer

The difference between my settings and the default setting is that this allows NULLs in the field should you require to give users this option.

Best wishes

Karen