2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 28, 2010 2:36 AM by dmshimself

Freeing up processes

Apprentice

Hi,

We have a license with 7 processes. At present there are processes being used up by the 'Customer' process and 'Knowledge management' process that I don't intend to use. However, I cannot deactivate these processes as they are set as default. Is there any way around this?

Thanks,

Oliver

• 1. Re: Freeing up processes
          aparker Employee

Oliver,

Apart from those processes, how many of your operational processes are currently active? Specifically in relation to those processes, the Customer process is inherently linked to the Customer object and as such you can't disable that one. I'll bow to better authorities on the knowledge one, but I'm going to say the same for that, so you will still need to look at the operational ones rather than these to free up processes.

Andy

• 2. Re: Freeing up processes
            ITSMMVPGroup

Your license key might say 7 processes, but the Customer Group and Knowledge processes are system ones which were added into the number you bought.  So I'm guessing on your order you bought 5 license and thus you end up with 7 on the key.  As Andy mentions, it's only active ones that count though, so you might be able to deactivate ones you don't need any more?