2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 11, 2010 3:12 AM by scarlier

How to put packaged software in a specific folder in inventory

Rookie

Hi!

I try to inventory packaged softwares (identified by a flag file) and put them into a specific subfolder of Software Inventory.

I have customized the appl3.ini file to inventory the flags but the packaged softwares are melted with all the detected softwares and i want to identify quickly my packages.

Is there a way to do that ?

I hope my english isn't to bad, thanks fo your answers.

• 1. Re: How to put packaged software in a specific folder in inventory
          Employee

The ldappl3.ini file is defined to contain inventory data and allow inventory service to write data into LANDesk DB. So its structure and grouping is hard coded. I don't think you can create a custom subfolder under software inventory.

The point is "why you need a subfolder to contain oacjaged softwares in ldappl3.ini file?" Do you want to open ldappl3.ini file on each client machine to check what packaged software this machine has?

LANDesk SLM or query function can provide you the result that what packaged software is on which machine. I'd recommand you use SLM or query function to get what you need.

Regards,

Alex

• 2. Re: How to put packaged software in a specific folder in inventory
            Rookie

Thanks for your answer, but i don't have the time to setup the SLM tool.

Basically I'm building packages for a customer with LDMS but no LANDesk admin,  that's why i'm trying to do that with flags or another packaging way.