6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 19, 2008 9:42 AM by RickDavie

Error 2147467259

Rookie

My users are gett a "Unable to load the antivirus scan engine . Error code 2147467259 message what is this and how do I fix this..

• 1. Re: Error 2147467259
          Leon SupportEmployee

This error sometimes happens on the machine with Outlook installed. You may try this:

Run the following command to unregister the LANDesk Anti-Virus Outlook plug-in:

regsvr32 /u "C:\Program Files\LANDesk\ldclient\Antivirus\ldoutlookaddin.dll"

• 2. Re: Error 2147467259
            JenDay Rookie

I had several users report their LDAV wasn't running and throwing this error this morning.  Turns out a few of them received the definitions from the morning of  1/31 which seemed to cause the LDAV service to fail with "Unexpected Error".  Attempting to force an update of the definitions showed "success" in the console, however the definition files weren't actually updated to the 2/1 files. 

To resolve:  I copied all files and folders in the C:\Program Files\LANDesk\LDClient\Antivirus\Bases from a working machine to the ones having the issue.  Once the new files were in place I could either manually start the LDAV service  or have the user restart their computer.  Brutal, but it worked.

• 3. Re: Error 2147467259
              Jed SupportEmployee

Attached is a script that will force the client machines to update the virus definitions, the file has a .txt extension which will need to be changed to .ini. Then simply put the file in :\Program Files\LANDesk\ManagementSuite\scripts\ it will show up under Tools>Distribution>Managed Scripts in the All Scripts section. Please note that the task will come back as successful but the client will take approximately 15-20 min to fully update the definitions. Also there is no bandwidth friendly option the client will connect to our Mirror or Kaspersky to load the files so the customers will usually want to run this in small goups and allow time for the updates to come down. (Note; if they are in a proxy environment that is blocking these url’s the script will not work.) The Script is only a workaround they will want to apply Service Pack 5 asap as this resolves the issue by making a backup of the last known good definitions to fall back to in case of corruption.

--Jed

• 4. Re: Error 2147467259
                Rookie

I too received this error this morning on several clients.  I was running 8.7 SP3, core and client.  After consulting with service technician, I realized my av engine was outdated at 5...72, so I upgraded my core to SP5 and upgrade some test systems plus afew with this error to SP5 for client. Now LDAV service will start and error flip between "The scanner is currently updating pattern files. It will reinitialize .......  ". I am receiving that message now, initially I got the message "virus definitions are corrupted or missing". I have tried on three machines and have had three failures.  Stuck

• 5. Re: Error 2147467259
                  Jed SupportEmployee

The problem appears to be corrupt virus definitions, run the above script against your nodes.

--Jed

• 6. Re: Error 2147467259
                    Expert

Try removing and re-installing the AV agent either create a Custjob Script with these lines or manually run this on the client machines.

REMEXEC0=<qt/>%LDMS_CLIENT_DIR%\Vulscan.exe<qt/> /RemoveAV

REMEXEC1=<qt/>%LDMS_CLIENT_DIR%\Vulscan.exe<qt/> /InstallAV