2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 1, 2008 8:53 AM by Bournym

Public and Private scripts

Rookie

I would like to configure the script deployment in a way that multiple people can see scripts marked as private.  - How would I go about this as it seems only I can see these scripts.  I use the scripts to deploy out packages but need to trust the scripts to 2 levels.  Level 1 packages - (All scripts) and level 2 packages which are limited ammounts of scripts. 

So far I am using the public state to allow everyone to see the level 2 scripts (Limited) and using private to hide the level 1 scripts but need 5 people to see the private scripts.

Thanks for any assistance

• 1. Re: Public and Private scripts
          Jared Barneck SupportEmployee

Are you talking about Manage Scripts?  OS Deployment Scripts? Some script you have put in a Distribution Package?

For Manage Scripts and OS Deployment scripts, the only option is public and private.  So if you want more, there are only workarounds.

However, each script is also a file.  You could try removing the permissions for all but those 5 users on the file itself in the ManagementSuite\Scripts directory.  They could see the scripts, but not modify them.

Another option is to create a Separate username called scripts and only give those five people the password so they can log in as that user.

• 2. Re: Public and Private scripts
            Rookie

Thanks,

I suspected I would not be able to do this and have already implimented a specific user who owns the private scripts and made that user available to the peple who need it.

Thanks again.