4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 25, 2010 8:18 AM by afrogers

Send a reminder to an external party

afrogers Apprentice

We have one particular third party supplier who we want to get a notification when an incident is put into "With 3rd Party" status.

I have created a condition which looks at the 3rd Party supplier value to decide if a reminder should be sent and the reminder should then go to a dummy end user account which contains the e-mail of the 3rd party, however this isn't working.  I don't want to assingn the incident to the 3rd party, I simply want them notified.  Is there something simple I'm missing?  All other reminders work, which go to either the raise user or the current assigned user.

• 1. Re: Send a reminder to an external party
          Stu McNeill Employee

Hi Anthony,

This should be possible, can you post a screenshot of the Reminder window or explain how its configured?

Thanks

• 2. Re: Send a reminder to an external party
            afrogers Apprentice

See attached Stu, the absolute values in the reminder are the supplier and contact which has been dropped into the supplier group.  I've done some testing using the reminder and it works sending to the assignee, so I know all the other elements are working.

Thanks

Anthony

• 3. Re: Send a reminder to an external party
              Stu McNeill Employee

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for the screenshot.  There are two ways you can achieve this:

1. Have the "Notify Supplier?" ticked and don't worry about filling in the user and group.  Having the box ticked will notify any member of the group in the Supplier attribute on the Incident - as long as in their group membership window the "receive group notifications" box is ticked.

2. Fill out the user and group as you have and tick the "Notify assignee" box.  There is often confusion about what this tickbox is for.  It does not automatically email the assignee, it means to email whoever is in the User, Group and Role boxes on the reminder window.  Really it should be re-labelled "Notify specified User/Group/Role:", the only reason its labelled as such is because the tick boxes, dropdowns, and their logic are a direct copy of those used on assignments.

Personally I always use the 2nd way because then the recipients are made obvious on the reminder itself.

Hope that helps.

• 4. Re: Send a reminder to an external party
                afrogers Apprentice

Thanks Stu, option 2. works perfectly, I like the idea of renaming the label on the notify checkbox, as the default ones are very confusing.