5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 6, 2008 2:49 PM by Jared Barneck

Failed: Another installation is currently in process - ??

Apprentice

How can I check which installation (sdclient log, i presume), but/and after that

How do I stop "Said" installation.

I see an entry in the sdclient log from "yesterday", and I see no completion or error message, or anything, so it would appear that is the installation that is still running, but I can't figure out how t ostop it.  The .bat file that is was suppose to ru, shows no where in my task manager.  It appears that, it exectted the bacth, and somehow got hung up after it was executed, and never reported anything back to LanDesk, thus landesk thinks it is still running.

Help

Thanks

• 1. Re: Failed: Another installation is currently in process - ??
          zman Master
          • Browse to C:\Program Files\LANDesk\LDClient\Data on the client with the message

• Open the latest sdclient_task####.log

• Look for the application name.

Or

• Right Click on the Device in the Console

• Select Scheduled Tasks and Policies

• Sort by Status

Or

• Browse to C:\Program Files\LANDesk\LDClient\Data on the client with the message

• Open Activenotify.ini

• Sometimes when it hangs the last app is listed - Message=

Fake the policy so it thinks it Succeeded

• See if sdclient/amclient is in memory and if it is kill it.

• Open regedit and browse to the policy cache (HKLM - machine based or HKCU - User based) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Intel\Landesk\LDWM\AppHealing\Agent\AMClient\APM\PolicyCache

• Locate the correct regsitry key (search for the policy name)

• Changed the status to Succeeded

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Failed: Another installation is currently in process - ??
            Jared Barneck SupportEmployee

Usually there is an SDClient.exe process running.

If it is already running, you cannot start another one.

If you download process explorer from Sysinternals you can see the command line parameters this was launched by looking at the process properties.

Often there can be a hung task, such as a batch file with a prompt.  Batch files from distribution packages are always silent, so if you add a "Pause" command, or any command with a prompt, the cmd.exe process running the batch file will hange indefinitely (until killed or the device is rebooted).

If you did have a hung batch file, you can kill the cmd.exe process remotely.  To kill a task remotely, open a command prompt on the Core or you own workstation and run this command:

TASKKILL /S RemoteComputerName /IM cmd.exe /F

Or to kill SDclient.exe:

TASKKILL /S RemoteComputerName /IM cmd.exe /F

This can also happen if you push software such as an MSI, Executable, SWD Package, but you choose "Display full package interface" in the Delivery Method.  It could be waiting for user interaction.

• 3. Re: Failed: Another installation is currently in process - ??

I forgot to mention one other time I have seen this.

Once there was no sdclient.exe process, no cmd.exe process, but in the ldclient\data directory there is a temp batch file and for some reason that file was locked.  I cannot remember what process had it locked, but once unlocked, it worked again.

Also: Make sure to fix the batch file so it doesn't occur again (i.e Change the command that is causing a prompt.)

• 4. Re: Failed: Another installation is currently in process - ??
                Apprentice

Do you know why sometimes i get a login prompt for the taskkill command?

Thanks

Fooling the system with the succeeded does not always work.

• 5. Re: Failed: Another installation is currently in process - ??

So the reason you are getting prompted is because the logged on user (on the machine you are on) does not have access to the remote workstation, so it prompts for a login.  You have to have credentials and permissions to kill tasks on a remote computer.