6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 27, 2010 9:43 AM by JeremyG

Imagew 2 default window size

Apprentice

Morning,

This is more an annoyance than anything, but can anyone tell me if there's a way to "shrink" Imagew 2's default window size?  When in WinPE, the blue progress bar goes off the screen and you have to move the window to the left to see it.  Granted, you can see the time remaining which is nice, but I always wondered why it goes off the screen like that.

FYI, I believe our WinPE environment is the default 800x600.  I'd prefer not to change this if possible.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Imagew 2 default window size
          zman Master

The window can't be resized as far as I know. I went back and checked all the commandline options and searched TB's FAQ, and forums.

• 2. Re: Imagew 2 default window size
            EMiranda Expert

i dont believe there is a way either.  800x600 is really low and lot of 32 bit apps in WinPE now run at 1024 x 768.  If you don't want to make your overall environment higher, you could add in a script with an application like SetRes that will change the resolution when imagew runs and change it back when its done.

• 3. Re: Imagew 2 default window size
              JeremyG Apprentice

Here's an easy way to change the resolution in your Windows PE boot Disk.

Just add this line to your Startnet.cmd (i put mine right after the standard winpeinit.exe line)

wpeinit.exe /unattend=X:\Windows\System32\PEoptions.xml

Of course you also have to create the file called PEOptions.xml  (or any name XML) and include this text:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
              <unattend xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:unattend">
                <settings pass="windowsPE">
                  <component name="Microsoft-Windows-Setup" processorArchitecture="x86"
              publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS"
              xmlns:wcm="
              http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State"
              xmlns:xsi="
              http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
                        <Display>
                        <ColorDepth>16</ColorDepth>
                        <HorizontalResolution>1024</HorizontalResolution>
                        <VerticalResolution>768</VerticalResolution>
                        </Display>
                  <EnableNetwork>true</EnableNetwork>
                  <EnableFirewall>true</EnableFirewall>
                  </component>
                </settings>
              </unattend>

You can probably include less of the text in this example, but I copied this from somewhere a while back and never experimented with tweaking it because it worked.

• 4. Re: Imagew 2 default window size
                Apprentice

Thanks Jeremy G.  This worked like a champ!  I did remove the two line items for EnableNetwork and EnableFirewall though as they are handled elsewhere in the PE setup.  The Imagew 2 window shows up nice and clean in the middle now.  Beauty.

For anyone else who might follow this, I edited the Startnet.cmd file that is in the WinPE Boot.wim image and added the PEoptions.xml to the same folder within the image (Windows\system32).  I mention this because there is also a Startnet.cmd file under \\corename\ldmain\landesk\vboot.  I did not edit this file and am not sure when this one would be used over the one in the Boot.wim file.

• 5. Re: Imagew 2 default window size
                  Jared Barneck SupportEmployee

Please enter an enhancement request for us to have this file there by default.