With a plethora of information on the net, I am a little lost as to how I should deploy Windows 7. Our current environment is all Windows XP with Landesk agents from our 8.7 Management Suite. I have created a parallel environment with Management Suite 9 sp1. Our environment consists of IBM//Lenovo thinkpads.
What are the high level steps with deploying Windows 7? There are many tools that are available for use from both Microsoft (DISM, WIM, sysprep, etc) and LANDesk OS Deployment and Provisioning. I am a little lost as to how I should use the tools and in what order.
Our key objectives to our OSD project is to do the following:
- PXE deploy a Windows 7 image
- Inject all drivers into the image.
- On first boot have all options configured except ComputerName. (i.e. locale info, EULA, etc)
- On second boot install LANDesk Agent
- On third boot install applications from LANDesk server
I know this is a lot to ask the community, I am just trying to pull from peoples experience with similar tasks.
Please provide as much information as possible to each task.
Much appreciated and Thanks.