4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 1, 2010 12:39 PM by jbakker

Unable to Logon to Webconsole. Session Timeout.

Rookie

Just upgraded a few days ago to LANDesk 9 SP1, but since today I'm not able to logon to the webconsole on the core server.

Normally the first thing todo is checking the permissions on the IIS directories and on the COM+ services, but everything seems to be okay.

When I look in the LANDesk.Webconsole.Common.dll.log I see the following error.

10/29/2010 14:23:10 ERROR 4492:6     DataServices : new OleDbConnection failed!
      System.ArgumentException: An OLE DB Provider was not specified in the ConnectionString.  An example would be, 'Provider=SQLOLEDB;'.
         at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnectionString.ValidateProvider(String progid)
         at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnectionString.ValidateConnectionString(String connectionString)
         at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnectionString..ctor(String connectionString, Boolean validate)
         at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnectionFactory.CreateConnectionOptions(String connectionString, DbConnectionOptions previous)
         at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnectionPoolGroup(String connectionString, DbConnectionPoolGroupOptions poolOptions, DbConnectionOptions& userConnectionOptions)
         at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.ConnectionString_Set(String value)
         at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.set_ConnectionString(String value)
         at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection..ctor(String connectionString)
         at LANDesk.ManagementSuite.Database.Database..ctor(String provider, String server, String database, String user, String password)
      10/29/2010 14:23:10 ERROR 4492:6     DataServices : Open database failed: An OLE DB Provider was not specified in the ConnectionString.  An example would be, 'Provider=SQLOLEDB;'.
      10/29/2010 14:23:10 INFO  4492:6     RollingLog : SetupDictionary: DB error (An OLE DB Provider was not specified in the ConnectionString.  An example would be, 'Provider=SQLOLEDB;'.)
      10/29/2010 14:23:10 INFO  4492:6     RollingLog : TestSession:  SetupDictionary failed
      10/29/2010 14:23:10 INFO  4492:6     RollingLog : Unlock TestSession...

Anyone seen this issue before?

The console is able to check the user permissions and to resolve the rights.