3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 28, 2008 9:21 AM by Traveller

8.8 LANDesk Software Deployment Portal

zman Master

OK is it just me or is the new LANDesk Software Deployment Portal UI just plain but ugly? Yeah I know you can hack the css file, and I was no big fan of the old amclient UI, but I have to say I the new UI is a step backwards. 

• You can't check multiple policies and install anymore.

• It is not as effecient as amclient when it comes to using space effectively. Pixel per pixel amclient displayed more policies and was easier to read. If you have to display a lot of policies like we do this is bad.

• Out of the box with no css hacks, any text that wraps makes it hard to read since there is very little white space between the policies listed.

• No Close/Exit button. I believe there should be a Close/Exit button.

• Checking for Additional Software.... text is barely visible buried at the bottom. I can see our users not waiting for the updates to come down and Xing out of the screen before the new policies come down. Bad.

• Deploy button - Yak.

Still kind of undecided if I like the min/max ability. I've only had a day or two with it, maybe it will grow on me, but I think I hate it more now than when I first saw it. Also, what does the policy.portal.template.htm accomplish?

Sorry just hate this new part of 8.8....