5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 11, 2010 2:35 PM by Ty

Distribution package - properties (Detection) return codes

Rookie

LANDesk 9.0.473 SP1 (server and client)

I have an EXE distribution package that appears to work fine. I can push it again and again and it installs. So now I move to stage 2, file detection to prevent this package from running if it is already installed. I add a known, valid File exists version >= detection option, and now my deployment fails (on a known updated machine). Is it "failing" due to the detection? How can I confirm this? I have not changed the package at all - I am merely trying to push to a machine that has the updated software already.

Console information:

Result: Package deployment failed

Return code -3

Relevant log information

Thu, 11 Nov 2010 10:39:55 Processing generic executable
      Thu, 11 Nov 2010 10:40:09 Launched application 'C:\Program Files\LANDesk\LDClient\SDMCache\...\setup.exe' ('/s /f1"upgrade.iss" /z"/RDS"') result -3
      Thu, 11 Nov 2010 10:40:09 Installation result 8DB5FFFD
      Thu, 11 Nov 2010 10:40:09 processing of package is complete, result -1917452291 (0x8db5fffd - code 65533)

What I'm looking for is confirmation that the -3 result for the install is failed due to software already existing on this machine, so I can map -3 to software already installed in the return codes.

I can't find anything in the documentation that provides a lot of information about the detection property in distribution packages, or the results of them. Pointing me at documentation is also a good response- if the answer is in the documentation you point me at.

Thanks!