1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 18, 2010 11:38 AM by DanDinolfo

Sending Status Updates To Core

Apprentice

I am trying to tweak some of my vbscript scripts to send status reports to the core to make troubleshooting easier.  I know how to do it, but I am curious to know how/if there is a way to make it only send status updates to the core if the install was started by LANDesk.  The only thing I can think of is to see if it's running as service or as a user.  I want to have one install that can be done with LANDesk or manually, and have it report in if it's being done with LANDesk, but not if it's being run manually.  Another question would be, what happens if you try to report in when it's run manually?  I am guessing it does nothing, unless there is a current task running on the system.

(I'm running 9.0.2 if that matters)

• 1. Re: Sending Status Updates To Core
          Apprentice

Well, I guess this isn't something many people have experience doing.  I guess what I'll try to do is make the messages only sent if I use a command line variable to trigger it.  That way I can have the best of both worlds.  I was just hoping there would be a cleaner way.  Some way to check to see if the package was being called by LD (or even running as service).  Then I could build that detection into a function.