3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 9, 2010 10:29 AM by derekhamaker

Remove Policy

Apprentice

Hi. We are using LANDesk Management Suite 9 and have deployed a software via policy supported push.

On some computers this software has been uninstalled manually and customers would not want to get it again.

How can i stop the policy from getting to these machines and installing the software all over again?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Remove Policy
          zman Master

Couple ways (without scripting or using trigger mechanisms):

1. If it is a required once targeted at computers then it will only install once.
          2. Change the target query to explicitly not target these computers.
          3. Use a prerequisite query to filter the computers out.
          • 2. Re: Remove Policy
            Apprentice

Hi Zman and thanks for your quick reply.

The policy was targeted once. I'm saying was, because the software distribution task has now been deleted from the scheduled tasks.

However, some departments are complaining that they are getting the software on a few computers.

I sent them an email yesterday asking for computer names, but i was wondering if there anything can be checked on the core server (as far as logs or anything else) to see if PC are getting the policy.

Correct me if i'm wrong but, if a policy supported push that is scheduled to run once has been deleted, does that mean that when the clients check with the core for policies, they don't find this particular software (with a policy supported push) and nothing is installed?

• 3. Re: Remove Policy
              derekhamaker Apprentice

That is correct.  A Policy Supported Push that is required and set to 'run once' will run that one time and will not install again.  It also does not show up in the Software Deployment Portal.  I tested this several times before realizing that I need to come up with another way to require a system have an application, even if it in manually uninstalled.  I would have to question your users statement that the application installed again, after being manually removed.