2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 29, 2010 6:02 AM by Chewie

Proper Command Line for Deploying Project 03????

Rookie

Can someone please provide me with the proper command line for the MSI Project 2003 package (which is just prjstde.msi) for silent deployment w/key?

I can get it working just fine with a local install using MSI exec, however I am having some difficulty in figuring out the syntac used by Landesk..clearly it is calling MSI exec but seems to be getting things out of order?

For isntance, the command line I am opting for is:

/i /passive PIDKEY="XYZZY" /norestart

However it seems no matter what I do with either the MSI or Setup.exe using methods that I know otherwise WORK, Landesk keeps returning a failure on install for targeted workstations.

For instance here is the excerpt from the log file:

Wed, 24 Nov 2010 14:57:52 Execute Msiexec.exe with command Line: "Msiexec.exe"  /passive PIDKEY="XYZZY" /norestart /i "C:\Program Files\LANDesk\LDClient\sdmcache\apps\Project03Std\PRJSTDE.MSI" REBOOT=ReallySuppress
      Wed, 24 Nov 2010 14:57:55 MSI result 8DB50643
      Wed, 24 Nov 2010 14:57:55 processing of package is complete, result -1917516221 (0x8db50643 - code 1603)

So it looks like that should be working given that its calling everything, but clearly it isn't.

I have tried using the office customizer for office 2003 but the transforms file does not seem to work either.

Clearly I am missing something or just doing it wrong, so if someone could please correct my syntax it would be much appreciated.

• 1. Re: Proper Command Line for Deploying Project 03????
          Apprentice

I would have another go with the OCT, it is a cleaner way of doing it. Are you getting any errors when using the MST locally?

• 2. Re: Proper Command Line for Deploying Project 03????
            Rookie

Everything works locally.  When i use the same command hooks in LanDesk for the deployment for either EXE or MSI, nothing seems to work.

So I guess what I am asking is what is the proper command hook sequence for general deployment of a product like Project 03, heck even Acrobat Standard 6 I'm having issues with?  General MSI command hooks that SHOULD work and do locally do not seem to work with Landesk.

I know I have support for this product so I am going to give them a call as soon as I can today as I want to get several highly requested packages ready for deployment and tested.