Can you post the sdclient log?
Hi Zman, i confirm that:
1) From Core 9 to client 8.7 everything works fine
2)From Core 9 to client 9 it fails with return code 1
I give this explanation: as on Return Codes Mapping Guide document says probably SDCLIENT.EXE and other software distribution files from 9.0 version don't support Return code 1 for Inst32.exe (that install SWD) so it fails; while old SDCLIENT.EXE yes.
I'm tetsing on mapping that return code 1 as succesfully for that package OLE DB.
I'm aware of customers who have many packages (SWD o other) that have always worked fine and now they have to remapp return code . It seems upgrade it's not realyy easy for software distribution.
I attach log
sdclient_task198.log.zip 1.0 K
I give some updates:
Mapping the return code 1 to a succesfully state it works but only if i deploy the package alone as a main package; if i deploy in a sequence as a preliminary it stops as before.
it looks loke SDCLIENT.exe uses "code mappings" only when communicate with console, just to show a succes state, but on client side SDCLIENT.exe sees a failed status and does not proceed on downloading main package..
Don't see the light.. :-I
1 of 1 people found this helpful
As a work around you can wrap the SWD in a batch file and always create a 0 errorlevel, and I would report this by opening up a ticket with support since it may be a bug. I'm away from my console so I can't test. You could use this utility and setup some test packages to validate your findings as this will help support recreate the issue and create a fix. http://community.landesk.com/support/docs/DOC-18418