6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 29, 2010 10:03 AM by Dtailor78

Drop down filter when running a query

Rookie

Hi,

I've created a query, and i've set the following Criteria, (this is for the Incident Management module):

AND Current Assigned Group Is Equal To Prompt user

that Status.Title Is Equal To Prompt User

However when I run the query there is no drop down filter so I cannot select the status and also select the current assigned group, i've checked an existing query which has one of these criteria and that displays a drop down filter when selecting a status.

Could you advise what I may doing incorrectly here.

thanks in advance,

• 1. Re: Drop down filter when running a query
          Rookie

I'm looking to do the same!!!

• 2. Re: Drop down filter when running a query
            Rookie

Right, I've resolved my issue basically what i was doing before was dragging Status.Title into the criteria window, what I should've done was to drag the actual relationship Status, and that was basically it did the same for any other drop downs i needed like Latest Assignment Group.

Hope that helps.

• 3. Re: Drop down filter when running a query
              Apprentice

What happens when you run the query, does it go straight to a list of results or something else?

Having a look at a similar query here I have something like:

Current Assignment.Group Is Equal to Prompt User

AND      Status Is Equal To Prompt User

• 4. Re: Drop down filter when running a query
                Rookie

When I save and run the query i get a dialog box which prompts me to select what Status I want and what Group I want and then the results appear according to the criteria i've selected.

• 5. Re: Drop down filter when running a query
                  Apprentice

I saw just after posting you've already sorted it, sounds like it's working fine now then.

The same problem had me a little puzzled when I first came across it, the same as when you're specifying criteria.

If you drag the attribute from the top level onto your criteria window you may only have a few conditions to select from, such as 'is equal to', 'is current group' etc.

Instead if you drag the attribute onto the criteria window from a more drilled down level such as 'status.title' you get more conditions to play with.

• 6. Re: Drop down filter when running a query
                    Rookie

Hmm so from what you're saying even if you drag the attribute status.title which is at a lower level in the criteria pane it should still work so by that i mean it will prompt you and ultimately give you more options against the criteria.  However, dragging status.title into the criteria pane and then selecting the criteria you want and saving and then running the query should work from what you say, but i couldn't get it to work.

I guess what you're referring to, is it gives you more conditions regardless of if you want a prompt or not, interesting i'll bare that in mind for future queries i create, thanks :-)