3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 8, 2010 6:08 AM by USMOUNTAINRUNNER

How to get devices show up in All Devices

Rookie

Hi,

I've managed to push down Advanced Agent to our computers, but when I tried to run inventory scan, there is an error saying that "Can't find the file specified" which I managed to resolved by changing the path in the inventoryscanner script.

I've modified the inventoryscanner script to the following:

[MACHINES_WIN]
      ;--- assumes that ldappl3.ini is in same dir as the .exe
      REMEXEC1=<qt/>C:\Program Files\LANDesk\ldclient\LDISCN32.EXE<qt/> /NTT=%server%:5007 /S="%server%" /I=HTTP://%server%/ldlogon/ldappl3.ldz /NOUI /NOCD /SYNC /F

The script managed to run successfully but I'm still unable to see any devices show up in All Devices.

For your information, all our computers are running on Windows 7.

Please advise how should I proceed from here.

Regards

• 1. Re: How to get devices show up in All Devices
          Rookie

Hi,

I've finally managed to solve the problem. Is due to the port TCP 5007 not opened between 2 sites.

Rgds

• 2. Re: How to get devices show up in All Devices
            phoffmann SupportEmployee

For future reference,

I would recommend -- when troubleshooting inventory related problems -- to always use:

""

/V /F /SYNC
            ""

as command-line options.

/V in particular is important (== "verbose") as this gives you a UI which shows you errors. In this case, it likely would've indicated that the client couldn't contact the Inventory Service (which often enough means it's either stopped or port 5007 is blocked), which could've saved you some time.

Hope it'll help other folks / you in the future.

The "/NOUI" flags and so on should only be used once you've established that things actually work .

- Paul Hoffmann

LANDesk EMEA Technical Lead

• 3. Re: How to get devices show up in All Devices
              Rookie

I had the same problem and realized that I did not give the user access to all devices in scopes.  Once I gave the permissions the devices showed up.  Originally I thought it was the Windows7 issue but found I could not see the XP machines TOO.

You would go into user management\User and Groups\Select the user and edit the scope.

This applies to Version 9.0