3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 17, 2010 6:15 PM by Mroche

Populating the Category field in Archiver configuration window

Rookie

The category selection field (category 2,3 and 4) in my Archiver configuration window are empty. I do not know how to populate these fields as designer does not have the configuration window included in its options. Can anyone please tell me how to make this change as I need to do some archiving by CUSTID_HDW, CATCOM_HDW and CNTRNO_HDW.

(I have attached a screenshot of the window specifying the category section.)

Cheers.

• 1. Re: Populating the Category field in Archiver configuration window
          Mroche SupportEmployee

Hi Uzezi,

The Archive configuration window allows you to archive or restore calls based on some hard coded fields (CallId, Date, Categories 1 to 4).  This functionality is provided to allow administrators to archive incidents without logging in to Helpdesk.  In addition to this, you can specify which calls you would like to Archive/Restore within Helpdesk by logging in as a super analyst and clicking File -> Archive -> Call or File -> Restore -> Call which will display the 'Call Archive Selection/Restore' windows.  Specifying what calls you want to archive or restore here and clicking OK submits a job which is processed the next time the Archiver utility is scheduled to run.

You can add additional fields to the Call Archive/Restore Selection window using Designer.  To do this,  Login to Designer as a super analyst and select File -> Windows -> Views.  Highlight the default view and click Open.  Highlight the Call Archive or Restore Selection window and click the Edit Window button.  You can then Click Edit -> Add new Element and add the User Identifier (CUSTID), CATCOM1 and Contract Number (CNTRNO).

You then need to follow article http://community.landesk.com/support/docs/DOC-4016 to archive/restore the calls.

Regards,

Martyn

• 2. Re: Populating the Category field in Archiver configuration window
            Rookie

Hi Martyn,

I have done just that but the catcom and cntrno list come up with an empty drop down list. Is there a particular list function I am suppose to select for each element?

Thanks,

UO.

• 3. Re: Populating the Category field in Archiver configuration window
              Mroche SupportEmployee

Hi Uzezi,

When adding the CATCOM1 element to the window, you need to do the following:

1.  Remove the CATCOM1 element from the window if it has already been added.

2.  Click Edit | Add New Element, select the CATCOM1 element and click OK.

3.  Set Field type:  to 'list Box'

4.  In the List Table: field, select '20 Character Parameter'

5.  In the Field sub type: field, select the description of the CATCOM category type.  To confirm what this should be, open the Category tree in Helpdesk and check the COM category type it will be displayed as 'COM - Category type description'.

6.  Set the list depth to 20

7.  Set check the 'List Box' radio button within the 'List type' group box

8.  Click the Advanced button.  Sset the List fill function field to 'FillCategoryList' and set the Validation Function to ResetSubCategories.  Click OK, then click Yes.

9.  Click OK, position the element, re-size it's dropdown list and save the window.

To add CNTRNO to the window do the following:

1.  Remove the CNTRNO element from the window if it has already been added.

2.  Click Edit | Add New Element, select the CNTRNO element and click OK.

3.  Set Field type:  to 'list Box'

4.  In the List Table: field, select 'Severity Level Table'.

5.  Leave the 'Field sub type:' field blank

6.  Set the list depth to 20

7.  Set check the 'List Box' radio button within the 'List type' group box

8.  Click the Advanced button.  Set the List fill function field to 'FillCustCntr' and leave the Validation Function blank (<None>).  Click OK, then click Yes.

9.  Click OK, position the element, re-size it's dropdown list and save the window.

Regards,

Martyn