ITunes Setup comes as an .exe. Unzip the .exe and you get 5 .msi's that install the program. I have the order of installation that is called. I set up a Policy Supported Push for the last .msi and added the 4 other ones as dependant packages, in the order required. I thought that when the task ran, it would first call the other .msi's first as specified? I guess not as the install failed. What did I miss?
I then set up another PSP for the .exe and ran it to see if the entire package would do okay. No luck there but the software is getting to the workstation. Status from sdclient_task is below. Nothing happened on the workstation. Any places I can look for this? (BTS, the /qn switch was added as a last attempt. Earlier ones did not have it and the result is the same..no install).
Downloading file \\hs11\media$\Itunes 10.1 MSI\iTunesSetup 10.1.exe (8gKSoB+dRWEAACLjET1qLg==, 3)
Thu, 09 Dec 2010 12:07:08 Downloading file 1 of 1 from '\\hs11\media$\Itunes 10.1 MSI\iTunesSetup 10.1.exe'
Thu, 09 Dec 2010 12:07:10 LSWD or Executable Client Thread
Thu, 09 Dec 2010 12:07:10 PackagePath: [\\hs11\media$\Itunes 10.1 MSI\iTunesSetup 10.1.exe]
Thu, 09 Dec 2010 12:07:10 Processing generic executable
Thu, 09 Dec 2010 12:07:14 Launched application 'C:\Program Files\LANDesk\LDClient\SDMCache\media$\Itunes 10.1 MSI\iTunesSetup 10.1.exe' ('/qn') result 0
Thu, 09 Dec 2010 12:07:14 Installation result DB50000
Thu, 09 Dec 2010 12:07:14 processing of package is complete, result 229965824 (0x0db50000 - code 0)