1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 17, 2011 2:55 PM by AspenSkier

Rename computers using custom script

I'm looking to create a custom script which I can schedule manually on any computers that fail to meet our current naming conventions (they have changed recently to use the serial number).  I have a vbscript that does this using netdom and by reading the bios serial number, fairly new to LANDesk so looking for some advice on how best to achieve this?

• 1. Re: Rename computers using custom script

I have an unanswered thread going on how to use LDMS 9.0 to rename computers...

I'm moving to Win7 and couldn't find a version of netdom that would work; I'm currious if your needs are for Win7 also?

I can see getting machines in the console's network view (tree) with updated inventories and then using the database values (inventory) as variables in a rename script...but like I said, I don't have a netdom version that I can use for Win7 so I have not tried this.

Right now I'm struggling with pulling from the inventory and using those values as variables in provisioning...I'm trying to figure that out so I'll be a leg up as soon as someone points me to NETDOM.exe.

-good luck