3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 10, 2011 12:40 PM by dmshimself

Window in process will not save- Following mandatory settings need populating?

JesseCar Apprentice

I have a process that I have added an automatic action "Set Software Approved Flag" that will set an attribute to true when an action "Approved Software Quote' is acted on. This "Set Software Approved Flag" is attached to the main window of this process. I have one mandatory field in it that I pass the parent's value on but when I try to save it  so I could put it where I want in the process a get a window from Process Designer informing me of the message below. Is this related to entry I need in tps.config?

Title has a copy to function on update and the Created and Created By are system added? I do not know why it is doing this. It does not do this in other process. Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Error: The following mandatory settings need populating:

Title

Created:

Created By:

• 1. Re: Window in process will not save- Following mandatory settings need populating?
          dmshimself ITSMMVPGroup

One general method that works for this situation is to make sure you have a window for the windowless action and set this window as the default while you add the action to the process.  This windowless action can just set the flag you want and use a value type on the title to fill that in (or a calculation to do the same trick).  Getting vopy to to work on such addiitonal windows I've found is a bit fraught.  This new window really only needs to have title and the flag you want to set on it.  If that is all you have then I suspect those other two attributes you are getting messages about have somehow been set to be database mandatory and hence will also need to be filled in on this same windows less acitons window, perhaps with a value type.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Window in process will not save- Following mandatory settings need populating?
            JesseCar Apprentice

Dave, that was already set and the Created and Created By were still prompting. So I removed the the 2 fields from the window and added the windowless action and the system did not give me any errors. I also changed the copy to from raise user to created time and that took care of the title one, we don't use that for any reporting in this window. I looked and those 2 were set to mandatory and could not be changed that is why I opted for the remove and add back.

Thank you,

Jesse

• 3. Re: Window in process will not save- Following mandatory settings need populating?
              dmshimself ITSMMVPGroup

Good news.  It still sometimes adding and removing attributes helps.  With 7.4 there are far fewer situations when the system insists on you filling in a mandatory fields when designing processes.