5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 4, 2011 12:27 PM by aranslam

Image Deployment 9.0 SP2

Rookie

Hello,

I'm currently working on getting our HII imaging set up on our new LANDesk9 SP2 server.  I've captured the image and have been working through deployment issues slowly, however, i have ran into one that I can't find any info on.

In the OSD ini file, this line is being ran:

REMEXEC32=ldrun h:\Tools\LANDesk\IMAGEW~1\imagew.exe /r /uy /o /d:w0 /nos:200m /nlrm:64 /noosn:2 /f:"""g:\LD0010~1.TBI""" /rb:0

However on the remote machine, it comes up that /nos:200m is an invalid paramater.  This switch was handed down when I created the OSD script.  Is this a switch I even need, and what is it supposed to do?  I have looked for documentation on what these switches for imagew are supposed to do, but I have had no look finding documentation regarding that.

I am using imagew 2.0 and as stated earlier this is on LDMS 9 SP2

I am going to try to run the script without that switch, but I was hoping someone would know what it meant.

Thanks,

Anthony

• 1. Re: Image Deployment 9.0 SP2
          Employee

From the Terabyte web site--they have a more extensive user guide for ImageW

This is in the list of command line options:

/noosn:n 
          This option controls how the OS is notified of partition changes.  It's useful for full drive restores where your source and target drives are the same, but you're sure the restored partitions won't overlap the source (which will be deleted after the restore).
          /noosn:1  - never send notification to OS about partition changes (a reboot must be used or corruption could occur if existing partitions existed where restored partitions are located).  Most users will NOT want to use this option – it's for very advanced users only.
          /noosn:2 – defer the notification until all partitions are restored.  This option is safe for all to use.
          Default if omitted: The OS is notified of partition changes as each partition is restored.
          1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Image Deployment 9.0 SP2
            Rookie

Hello,

Thanks for the quick response, however the parameter in question was slighly before the /noosn:n switch.  I have highlighed the switch that was in question.  I'm also on the Terabyte site now looking for a solution too.

REMEXEC32=ldrun h:\Tools\LANDesk\IMAGEW~1\imagew.exe /r /uy /o /d:w0 /nos:200m /nlrm:64 /noosn:2 /f:"""g:\LD0010~1.TBI""" /rb:0

• 3. Re: Image Deployment 9.0 SP2
              Rookie

I found the answer on what that switch does in terabyte documentation.

http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/downloads/ifw_en_manual.pdf

/nos:size

NoScale=size

This option offers a way to prevent scaling of small partitions when scaling to a larger drive. Partitions that are size (in bytes) or smaller will not be scaled. For example:

200m would not scale partitions that are 200MiB or smaller. Note that the .ini file value is not used on command-line based operations.

Default if omitted

: All partitions are scaled when scaling

Looks like I do not need that command...

Thanks for your help,

Anthony

• 4. Re: Image Deployment 9.0 SP2
                Employee

Sorry, copied the wrong one. Looks like you found what you needed.

• 5. Re: Image Deployment 9.0 SP2
                  Rookie

I just wanted to update everyone on this post, in case someone else out there did the same thing I did...

When I started setting up all of the OSD stuff on our new landesk 9 server, I stripped out the old folder structure I had on our 8.8 server which included imagew 2.0.  The only problem was that the imagew 2 from 8.8 is an older version that does not support the new switches provided by LD 9.  Once I realized this, and replaced the imagew.exe with the proper version it cleared up this issue.

Thanks,

Anthony