4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 31, 2011 3:02 AM by Thanakrit

please suggestion to me

Rookie

Hi all,

I'm new user on LDSD. I need to know about 3 case.

1. How to assign document no to new incident by automatic ?.

When i new incident on our window. I need to show document no on screen.

The document no has assign from system running as "INC10-00001".

2. How to show all comment when process pass approve ?.

When process goto approval by manager. they can input comment or notes then

save document and send to next process. I would like to show all comment

on screen document as part of comment.

3. How to check attribute before select next process ?

When I open incident and select some type on reference attribute.

I want to goto next process depend on type selection.

If you have any idea. please suggestion to me please.

• 1. Re: please suggestion to me
          karenpeacock SupportEmployee

Hi

Here are some thoughts and questions for you:

1. How to assign document no to new incident by automatic?

Is the incident number showing on the title of the window when it is first saved?  If not then look at the properties of the Incident object within Object Designer.  You might want to consider having Process Ref set within the Business Object Attribute Title.  Is this what you wanted?

I am not too sure what the requirement is here.  I think that perhaps what you want is to be able to see the manager's comments either on a tab or on the incident tree?  If so then you will need to edit the incident window within Window Manager.  You will need to drag on the manager's comments collection and then set the properties to show on the tree or as a tab as required.  If this this not what you meant can you please show us some more details via a screenshot of what the manager sees currently (where the information is entered) and what you would like to see?

I think from your description, this would require some process design and setting up a condition within your process.  If you haven't done any process design before, I would suggest that you read through the Process Design section of the Designer manual or consider attending a training course.  Preconditions are covered within this.

Please ensure that you try all of the above on a test system before trying on your live system.

Best wishes,

Karen

• 2. Re: please suggestion to me
            Rookie

Hi Karen

Thank you so much for your response. I would like to try to train by myself.

Bug I have some question and cannot discuss with my friend. So I would like

to say thank you again.

Is the incident number showing on the title of the window when it is first saved?

It's ok but I would like to assign differenc number to incident by automatic

and update after save becuase I want to arrange number by incident type as picture.

auto number.bmp 

I think that perhaps what you want is to be able to see the manager's comments either on a tab or on the incident tree?

Yes It is. When manager's comment on window screen. I will keepn on manager's comment collection.

I would like to show on document as table record by record as buttom document. I try to do this.

comment screen.bmp

Sorry for distrub you. I not attend trainning course. I just receive new job from our boss.

I study from manual trainning and try to use by myself. for this case may i study from

designer manual and try again. If i not sure. May i discuss again.

I try to check on attribute If incident select impact department. process design will be

assignment to manager of impact department but if they not select. the process will be pass.

impact.bmp

Thank you for your support.

Thanakrit

• 3. Re: please suggestion to me
              karenpeacock SupportEmployee

Hi

I can give you some general advice of where to start looking but I am afraid that I am unable to give you step by step instructions.  I hope that I can still be of some help.

I believe that you should be able to use the instructions in this article to achieve what you want.  From version 7.3+ you could also write a calculation to do this.  Calculations are covered in the Designer guide that I pointed you towards.

If you already have the manager's comments setup as a collection, then you will need to edit the incident window within Window Manager.  You will need to drag on the manager's comments collection and then set the properties to show on the tab.

Along with the Designer guide and the section for Process Design, you might also find this article of help too.

Please do try these things out on a test system first so you can play around with how things work before you implement them.

Best wishes

Karen

• 4. Re: please suggestion to me
                Rookie

Hi Karen

Thank you for your strong support. I can develop a little process for use with our request.

Now we try to config more than first form. Could you advise again please.

I believe that you should be able to use the instructions in this article to achieve what you want.  From version 7.3+ you could also write a calculation to do this.  Calculations are covered in the Designer guide that I pointed you towards.

Ok. I can use auto number but I need to set default attribute "Title" because our user no need to input subject. They want to assign by process.

Can i set default value for attribute "Title" on window depend on process and start before save ?

If you already have the manager's comments setup as a collection, then you will need to edit the incident window within Window Manager.  You will need to drag on the manager's comments collection and then set the properties to show on the tab.

Ok. I can show information from collection on TAB then I try to use action for add data to collection between approve and deny.

but i can add more action for one collection. Can i add action for one collection more than one ?

Along with the Designer guide and the section for Process Design, you might also find this article of help too.

Ok. I can apply some attribute for keep assignee and check on process for assign to them that i need to show on screen.

Can i default value manager of raise user and show on screen ?

So I need more suggest about 3 case as bold item. If you have any idea please suggest to me again please.

Thank you so much

Thanakrit