2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 11, 2011 6:54 PM by mrspike

LDMS not resolving to public IP address...

Rookie

Hello,

I've searched these forums and I haven't quite found the answer I was looking for. Here is the issue that I am coming across. Our situtation is quite unique in the sense that 95% of our users are on remote sites and never connect directly to the core console and they are not within the network persay. We also do not have any of our users in a domain either. The main issue that we are having at the moment is when the user connects to their wireless network in their home, or they are at a client site, LANDesk will update their IP address as a 192.168.1.X address and not the public IP address which would allow us to push software and update the agents to their PCs and laptops. My question would be this: How do we get LANDesk to resolve to the correct PUBLIC IP address? We can remote to the PC, but thats about it. Nothing more then that. Thanks in advance and if you need more info please let me know.

We are running LDMS 9.0 w/ TVT SP2

Thanks,

Ian

• 1. Re: LDMS not resolving to public IP address...
          Apprentice

Unless those machines are using 1:1 NAT in every situtation (exceeeeedlingly unlikely), having the public address won't let you push to them.

We have a similar situation, so we use the management gateway and a whole lot of policies. The big difference is that our sites are usually set up such that the computers have a static, public address assigned to them, so there is no NAT happening. Combined with sites that have... permissive... firewalls, we can do push. For the rest, it's all policy.

• 2. Re: LDMS not resolving to public IP address...
            mrspike SSMMVPGroup

As Ken eluded to, just create the tasks to be policy based, the clients will check for polcies (once per day by default) and will "pull" the patches and run them