7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 16, 2011 2:33 PM by dmshimself

Object Is Process?

Rookie

I am trying to make my object become a process and it is gray'ed out/non-editable. How do I make more processes than what are there?

Thanks in advance!

• 1. Re: Object Is Process?
          dmshimself ITSMMVPGroup

I think the only recommended method is to use process designer and create a new process in the domain you are after. (Incident, Problem etc).  You can also copy an existing process too.  You can have other domains added or cloned from existing ones, but some background to what you are trying to do would be handy.

• 2. Re: Object Is Process?
            Rookie

First off, what I am trying to do is put a shortcut on the shortcut bar. The documentation says that the business object needs to be both "is top level" and "is process" to be on the shortcut bar. I am not able to change the "is process" property on the object to true.

• 3. Re: Object Is Process?
              dmshimself ITSMMVPGroup

If the shortcut you are trying to add is to launch a process, then in the shortcut group, you do an add component/workspace and then fill in the Module name as incident management (or whatever), Business Object name as Incident and then the process name as the particular incident process you want to launch.  If the process you want isn't in that list (numbered 4), then it might not have been activated in process designer.

But if you are not trying to launch a process, we would need to know a bit more about what you are trying to do. (And I know I'm stating the obvious there, sorry!)

• 4. Re: Object Is Process?
                Rookie

Please do state the obvious... I am a newbie to LanDesk. I understand what is going on conceptually but in practice not so much.

You are getting very close to what I need... I have tried to set up the shortcut as you described... only when selecting the Biz Object name, my object doesn't show up. Only the object that has both "Is Process" and "Is Top Level" shows up. In my case I am under the Change Management module and only the Change biz object is available. I have added a "Project" business object with a "Project" process that is activated.

• 5. Re: Object Is Process?
                  lianne.redding Apprentice

In process designer, what domain have you built the Project process in?

• 6. Re: Object Is Process?
                    Rookie

Change Management -> Change

• 7. Re: Object Is Process?
                      dmshimself ITSMMVPGroup

I'm not sure how you created your project business object, but to add a new change process called 'project' you would create the process and call it project using process desiger in the change management area of process designer (not using the object designer at all)

Once you have created you process and activated it, you can then add it as described.