3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 18, 2011 1:18 PM by dmshimself

"Object reference not set to an instance of an object" when converting DB on 7.4 upgrade

Apprentice

I'm trying to upgrade Service Desk 7.32 to 7.4.  On the web server, when config.aspx tries to conver the database, I get the error:

"Object reference not set to an instance of an object.. Please check the metadata manager log file for further details (time elapsed: 69 seconds)"

The end of the log file says:

<MetadataLogEntry xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">

<Sql>CREATE INDEX cf_ci_audit_item$ci ON cf_config_item_audit (cf_config_item_guid)</Sql>
        <Result>Ignored</Result>
        </MetadataLogEntry>
      - <FatalError>
        <Description>Object reference not set to an instance of an object.</Description>
        <CallStack>at Touchpaper.Framework.Data.Metadata.Internal.QueryAttribute.ResolveImportReferences(MetadataObject parent) at Touchpaper.Framework.Data.Metadata.Internal.QueryAttribute.ResolveImportReferences(MetadataObject parent) at Touchpaper.Framework.Data.Metadata.Internal.QueryAttribute.ResolveImportReferences(MetadataObject parent) at Touchpaper.Framework.Data.Metadata.Internal.Module.ResolveQueryImportReferences(ClassType classType, QueryTemplate query) at Touchpaper.Framework.Data.Metadata.Internal.Module.ResolveImportReferences(MetadataObject parent) at Touchpaper.Framework.Data.Metadata.MetadataObject.ResolveImportReferences[T](MetadataObject parent, IMetadataCollection`1 collection) at Touchpaper.Framework.Data.Metadata.MetadataCatalog.ResolveImportReferences(MetadataObject parent) at Touchpaper.Framework.Data.Metadata.Tools.ClassBuilder.GetExistingModuleGuids(MetadataCatalog catalog) at Touchpaper.Framework.Data.Metadata.Manager.MetadataManager.DoConversion(MetadataCatalog metadata) at Touchpaper.Framework.Data.Metadata.Manager.MetadataManager.SetupDatabase(MetadataCatalog metadata)</CallStack>
        </FatalError>
      I have no idea what to do now.