7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 11, 2011 9:45 AM by littlechef

Uninstalling Project 2007 Without a Reboot Using config.xml

Rookie

I want to be able to uninstall MS Office Project 2007 silently from the command line (I am going to put it in a package once I get it to work.)  The command seems to work, except it reboots the computer even though I think I have told it not to reboot.  The command I used is:

setup.exe /uninstall PrjStd /config config.xml

My config.xml file contain the following:

<Configuration Product="PrjStd">

<Display Level="none" CompletionNotice="no" SuppressModal="yes" AcceptEula="yes" />

<Logging Path="%temp%" Template="Microsoft Office Project Standard Setup(*).txt" />

<!--  <PIDKEY Value="BCDFGHJKMPQRTVWXY2346789B" />   -->

<!--  <USERNAME Value="Customer" />   -->

<!--  <COMPANYNAME Value="MyCompany" />   -->

<!--  <INSTALLLOCATION Value="%programfiles%\Microsoft Office" />   -->

<!--  <LIS CACHEACTION="CacheOnly" />   -->

<!--  <SOURCELIST Value="\\server1\share\Office12;\\server2\share\Office12" />   -->

<!--  <DistributionPoint Location="\\server\share\Office12" />   -->

<!--  <OptionState State="absent" Children="force" />   -->

<Setting Value="Never" />

<!--  <Command Path="msiexec.exe" Args="/i \\server\share\my.msi" QuietArg="/q" ChainPosition="after" Execute="install" />   -->

</Configuration>

Near the bottom, I have it set to never reboot, but it does anyway.

I am new to using the config.xml (and XML in general) file to uninstall a product, so I guess I am missing something simple.