4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 26, 2011 2:57 PM by Felix.Pineau

Need assistance gathering data from registry entries

Rookie

Hello,

I'm trying to collect data from the registry of our Landesk clients.  I have mofified the ldappl3.template file and validated that it was propegated to the client desktops by checking the ldappl3.ini file on the client systems.  I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong or if I have a syntax error in the ldappl3.template settings.  I would appreciate any help one could offer.  Please see below for the entries in my ldappl3.template file:

; Registry Info section - will pull information from the listed registry keys
      ; syntax:  KEY=hkeyname, key, value, LANDesk Database Attribute Name[, optional default value]
      ; example - KEY=HKLM, Software\Intel\Landesk, version, MyData - Landesk - Version
      ; where hkeyname can have any of the following values:
      ;     HKLM = HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
      ;     HKCR = HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT
      ;     HKCU = HKEY_CURRENT_USER
      ;     HKU  = HKEY_USERS
      ;     HKCC = HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG
      ; Note that you can place " characters around the key and/or value if they contain
      ; comma's.

[Registry Info]

;My- Custom Registry Keys

;1-25-11 - EMET configured check

KEY=HKLM, Software\Microsoft\EMET\iexplore.exe, C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe, Custom Data - EMET - C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
      KEY=HKLM, Software\Microsoft\EMET\iexplore.exe, C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe, Custom Data - EMETx86 - C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

; End My custom registry keys