1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 8, 2011 5:43 PM by vinx1127

Inbound e-mail user setting - Invalid User Error

Apprentice

Hi Guys,

We've been receiving complaints when we copied the production database to our development DB server, though we managed to modified the email addresses of a users to a single dummy account. We also changed the Mail Boxes configration in the E-mail Setup from production email (helpdesk@domain.com) to a test email address( test.helpdesk@domain.com).

The issue was, once the approver receives an email for approval and approves it through email, an outbound notification from LANDesk, informing the approver that "You are  currently not added as a valid user of the system. Please contact  Helpdesk for details". I checked the user settings  from the e-mail setup, basically our issue was an invalid user(please see attached file); However, the said approvers have been doing this process for a while until the restoration of prod db to dev db.( we didn't change any configuration in the production enviroment in any end)

Initial Actions Made:

• Stopped the windows services for both Touchpaper Inbound & Outbound Mail Engine - Dev. Server
                • Restarted the windows services for both Touchpaper Inbound & Outbound Mail Engine - Production. Server

Result:

We've asked the said approvers to retry approving the said request. It's successful, However when the user tries to approve the other requests for the first time, they're still receiving the same error but when they try to approve it again. it will be successful.

I dunno what to do guys. please help me

• 1. Re: Inbound e-mail user setting - Invalid User Error
          Apprentice

We already fixed the issue. I was unware that the system admin had another copy of the Development environment of LANDesk and they haven't change the email setup config. So basically the email address used by prod is also being used by this environment.

We stopped the touchpoint services of this environment which solved our issue. Thanks everyone.