10 Replies Latest reply on Feb 15, 2011 1:42 PM by DanDinolfo

SDClient.exe crashing when deploying large Dist Pack

derekhamaker Apprentice

I have a large 8.5GB distribution package for Solidworks 2010 SP05 32-bit that I am trying to deploy as a download files.  On multiple computers, when the file copy reaches about 450mb, SDClient.exe crashes.  These systems are running Windows XP SP3.  Agent Version 9.0.1.5.  We are running the Management Suite 9.0.0.473 SP1.

Delivery Method is Policy Support Push, No Reboot, No UI, Required.  The systems are online at the time the task is started.

The error on the client shows in the Application Event Viewer and is follows:

Category: (100)

Event ID: 1004

Description: Faulting applications SDCLIENT.EXE, version 9.0.0.473, faulting module lddwnld.dll, version 9.0.1.4, fault address 0x00005a5a.

As stated, this is happening on multiple computers, and one even after a clean install/reimage.

On the Management Console, the status reports "Failed" with a result of "Launch returned failure: Job only partially completed" and a return code of "1033."

I want to note that this package, when delivered as a "Run from Source" works correctly.  But I need to be able to issue it as download files, because of some slower bandwidth sites.

Also-

Our distribution packages are copied from the Core using DFS.  We have a local DFS server with the files residing in the local data center.

I have attached the log file from the Management Console.

Any help is greatly appreciated, as the clock is ticking to upgrade the users' systems.

Thanks!

-Derek Hamaker