1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 18, 2008 3:14 PM by IronMike

Question about Software Distribution and Delivery methods and scheduled Tasks

Apprentice

Ok, I have a Batch file set to go out as a scheduled task, at a certain time:

The Delivery method is titled Software via push policy. Thus I have it set to try to push, and then fail over to policy.

The schedule was for , say 6pm.

My question is, if a computer fails, when it reverts to policy, will it try again, at 6pm, or just try again, whenever it checks in.

And if the latter, how can I get it to retry upon failure at a specific time.

• 1. Re: Question about Software Distribution and Delivery methods and scheduled Tasks
          Employee

Once the push part of the task has finished for ALL machines, then it will become a policy for the failed ones.

If you are on 8.7, the client machine will run the policy again when amclient.exe runs and checks in with the core.

If you are on 8.8, the client machine will run the policy when policy.sync.exe runs.

Either way, if you are using default settings, that will run once per day for each client. The time of day will be random and vary by client. So it should be spread out.