6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 19, 2008 4:47 AM by zman

Show Custom Data in Landesk client side

Rookie

Hi all,

I am using Landesk Management Suite 8.7 with SQL Server 2005, in Column Sets, I set 1 of my self-defined data as FPVersion to retrieve the information of the devices.

I just wondering is it possible to show such kind of custom data in client side, since I oftenly want this custom data to be monitored. Can anyone give me some clue about

this, or email me at : wangyun@beijing2008.cn.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Show Custom Data in Landesk client side
          Leon SupportEmployee

Is the FPVersion information coming from the client side, or you manually insert it into inventory? Are you using Custom Data Form? With Custom Data Form end user will see a popup window, then they can fill the information in it, last inventory scanner will collect the information and send to core server.

• 2. Re: Show Custom Data in Landesk client side
            Rookie

In each client device, there is a registry key which contains 1 key value of FPversion. I manually insert it into columns, this custom data is defined in Ldappl3.ini file. Is it the so-called custom Data Form? The inventory scanner can collect it then display it in core server.

However,my question is how can I check the latest FPVersion in client side? Is there any client tool to show this kind of information?

• 3. Re: Show Custom Data in Landesk client side
              Leon SupportEmployee

OK. That's not Custom Data Form. Since you have collected the information to the core, it does not matter. Are you trying to query against the FPVersion information via the inventory information in the database to know which client has the latest version? If I understand correctly, you may create a query, list that column in the result, once you see the data, you can click that column to order by that column, here you get the latest version.

• 4. Re: Show Custom Data in Landesk client side
                Rookie

Am sorry if I make you confused.

Actually, I am not trying to retrieve it in server side.  I just wondering can I see the real-time FPVersion in client side.

Just imagine,if am a user of client device, i want to check the latest FPVersion information, can i use some cilent tools provided by Landesk?

• 5. Re: Show Custom Data in Landesk client side
                  Leon SupportEmployee

Wow. Misunderstood. I am pretty LANDesk has no such a tool which is able to do this directly. I am curious in which scenario you want to do this. Could you please explain a little bit more? Thanks.

• 6. Re: Show Custom Data in Landesk client side
                    zman Master

I think, If I understand correctly, you would like a tool that will display the specific contents of the LANDesk Inventory to the user in a GUI form/Window, is that correct?  If you know a little about coding this can be done with several tools:

• LANDesk SDK

• Other scripting tools that can access SQL Dbs - Autoit, etc...

So I could see some uses for this. Say you want to empower your users and give them a gui that will display:

• Vulnerability status of the machine - patches that are installed or missing

• Software Installed by LANDesk - when and by what user

• Some unmodeled data that you capture that is important to your shop.

• Yadda, Yadda, Yadda