I have now resolved the exchange side of Mob Mgmt device discovery. One of the Exchange components failed when I installed the 2007 exchange software onto the Landesk Core server, removing and reinstalling and one reboot later I can now see Exchange configured mobile devices.
The Blackberry devices however are still recording as found but not displayed. What I am wondering is if I have configured the BlackBerry config screen correctly in Mobile Management. I have tried several variations on the address field using just https://BBSERVER to the fully qualified name and then using port 443 as per the example and 3443 in the PDF document. All variations are accepted and all result in 8 devices discovered but none shown. As I have very little knowledge of the BlackBerry servers port usage other than I can see there are many used for various elements. How can I confirm that I am adding the correct address into MobMgmt? I have tried all variations shown above in a web browser none of which result in any BB server web console that may be correct I dont know. So any Blackberry experts can shed light on this to confirm at least I have the correct entries would be greatly appreciated. I have full admin rights to the web console if any more information is required
Look at your \ldscan\errorscan directory on the core and / or eventviewer for inventory errors. There was an issue on some BES servers where the DeviceID was missing from the scan, so they wouldn't go into the database. If this is the case, the problem has already been fixed and is just waiting on testing to give the Mobility patch a thumbs up.... hopefully at the start of next week.
Sorry about the delay Tracey but no, there was no error scan entry
landesk has released a patch for Mobile Management. This patch resolved the above error and all devices now show following a discovery task
should I open up a case at LD support to get this patch?
I just applied this one to fix the issue I had with the authentication to the BES. Now the authentication works fine, but no devices are displayed...
Ahhh, don't give up yet
Weird as it sounds, thats exactly what happened with me when I installed it. I thought, hang on this is weird now it finds none of them but no error, what kind of patch is this and it didn't seem to matter how I configured the BES credentials it ran without error with no results.
As I'm no Blackberry administrator by any stretch I thought I would try variations on the Server address in the BES credentials before reopening my call as I was unsure of the port I was supposed to use 3443 or 443 or FQDN or IP address of server. The last thing I tried in the Server address field was simply
https://BlackberryServer without any ports or full domain name just the server name. Ran it again and all my devices appeared.
Did that work?
Ok, so I'm not alone with these thoughts. I already was wondering that it shows a successful state everytime even with various entries.
I'm trying out right now which config is the right for our BES. I tried it with just the servername in the field like it was your suggestion, but no success so far. Now I'm trying different variations.
But takes really long to even open up the config menu, which is pretty annyoing. Is that the case for your installation too?
Lets say it takes longer to open it from my pc when I used the management console to configure the options. When I tried it from the core it was much quicker. Are you trying this from the core or locally from your desktop?
The other issue we didn't discuss is the account your using in the BBES config, are you using a BlackBerry Administration Service account to login or an Active Directory account? I use Active Directory for the login and I set a domain admin account up on the BlackBerry Server as an Enterprise Administrator account.
Just to make sure, I logged into the BBES web page https://BBESServerNAME/webconsole/appMain.html and using my domain account to make sure all was well.
There is a good chance that I do not need a role as high as Enterprise Admin on the BBES server but as I am no Blackberry expert I was more interested in trying it at the highest permission level to rule out any denial of access issues.
Try it from the core to see if it's any quicker to open config. Also, did you check the error logs as suggested By Tracey earlier on this discussion?
That was my suggestion too. I was hoping that it would open up faster when working on the core. Its as slow as on my Console.
Ok, let me talk to our BBES administrator I'll get the AD Account he is using out of him, by force if neccessary
Until now I tried the account of the BBES Administrator Service. I could log onto the https://BBES/webconsole/appMain.html with this account.
Oh wait, there isn't even the possibility to log in with an AD Account. Propably because we are using Lotus Notes. So I can choose between Lotus Domino and Blackberry Administration Service.
Were you ever able to get this working? I am having pretty much the same issues you were. Task and Device Discovery History say successful but there are no devices being discovered and no logfile is created.
Just for kicks and put in a invalid account for authentication and it still comes back saying successful and no devices are discovered. Very frustated at this point. I am not sure it is doing anything.
Blackberry Administration Service Account
unfortunately it didn't get it working. I have the same issue as you discribed. After trying it several times with beeing unsuccessful, I decided to just give it up. I was frustated too because there is no way to determine where the problem is.
Lets see what time brings, maybe LANDesk will work on this.