2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 23, 2011 1:07 AM by Tijus

Hi all i have an upload inventory scan problem on a machine of my domain

Rookie

Since one week

i have a machine which works fine on management console.

but the last week, i realise that it's don't manage anymore on the console.

i've tried all things, uninstall landesk agent, reinstall it manualy by a standalone exe.

i've tried install it too by the discover option. nothing happen

i just have the name of machine but no inventory and remote works 1 sometimes

inventory error.JPG

I've tried to do a manualy full scan inventory, nothing go back to the core server

and when i go to C:\Program Files\LANDesk\ManagementSuite\ldscan\ErrorScan

i don't found the machine's inventory file.

when i trying to do a manualy scan the machine restart itself.

Someone could help me to found the problem ?

• 1. Re: Hi all i have an upload inventory scan problem on a machine of my domain
          mrspike SSMMVPGroup

Try this...

On the client system, run this:

"C:\Program Files\LANDesk\LDClient\LDISCN32.EXE" /V /F /SYNC /O=C:\some_name.scn

If Windows 7, you need to change the path of LANDesk, and most likely you will need to write to an existing folder as access to c:\ may be restricted.

Take that .scn file, copy it to the \ldscan folder on the core.

If it "takes" then the issue is usually the client has too many files and subfolders on it and the inventory scanner times out or fails.

I usually open the .scn file and look to see if I see folders with way too many files, files servers and systems used as data collectors often times have these issues.

If you find subfolder with unique names (non-standard application paths / folders) you can add an exculsion to the ldaple.template.

If you need to go there, write back and I can give details.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Hi all i have an upload inventory scan problem on a machine of my domain
            Rookie

I've contacted LANDesk support by phone,

and they explain that it's could be a  peripheral plug on usb which cause this problem,

in the eventviewer of the machine we found some error message about a software which use a usb cardscan,

i've unplug it and start a new full inventory scan, and now the inventory is on the coreserver everything works fine now.

Thanks