4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 16, 2011 4:03 AM by adenewton

LDMS 9.0 TVT to LDMS 9.0 TVT SP2 path

Rookie

Hello,

Please can someone clafiy for me the upgarde path from  LDMS 9.0 TVT to LDMS 9.0 TVT SP2?  I have heard that I have to completely uninstall LDSM 9.0 TVT and then install LDMS 9.0 TVT SP2. Is this the only method to upgrade?

Thansk in advance

Andrew

• 1. Re: LDMS 9.0 TVT to LDMS 9.0 TVT SP2 path
          Jason SupportEmployee

SP2 for TVT is slipstreamed into a full installation. It can be applied to TVT 9 or used for a new installation. The file can be downloaded from the product downloads section of the Self-Service Portal.

It can not be applied to a TVT 9 core if SP1 was installed on that core that is an uninstall reinstall.

• 2. Re: LDMS 9.0 TVT to LDMS 9.0 TVT SP2 path
            Rookie

Thanks Jason, please excuse my ignorance , I have just inherited LDMS from a colleague that has left the business and I am still learning.  If I go to Help-More Info it tells me that my console version is 9.0.0.473 and a whole load of patches, how can I determine if I have SP1 installed or not?  If I understand your response correctly ,I can install SP2 over my current version as long as it isn't SP1.

• 3. Re: LDMS 9.0 TVT to LDMS 9.0 TVT SP2 path
              Jason SupportEmployee

When you go to help about more info, see if one of those patches list as LANDesk service pack 1. If it does not then Yes you can install sp2 over your current version.

• 4. Re: LDMS 9.0 TVT to LDMS 9.0 TVT SP2 path
                Apprentice

Jason,

Sorry to bring up an old topic, but you sound like you know what your talking about.

We upgraded our TVT core to SP1 to address a number of issues with 9.0, obviously now were in the situation of uninstall and reinstall and need to get it completed before April 15 for the Virus defs to continue coming down.

I am worried about the database. When I originally installed 9 I had to convert a number of databases and give them new names. Am I going to need to do the same thing or can I just point it at the existing databases.

I assume no updates we have made in terms of queries, software distruption packages, software license management will be lost and it will just pick it all back up??

As this is my greatest concern.

Or am I going to need to back up certain configuration files and copy them back in after the install?