11 Replies Latest reply on Mar 12, 2008 10:00 AM by mcalwell

Installation error

Rookie

I've created an installation package and deployed to several systems. I am getting the following error in the ScheduledTaskHandler log on the core server:

ERROR: Additional files in packages are not supported for pre 8.5 clients

I am running version 8.7 everywhere. Has anyone seen this error before?

• 1. Re: Installation error
          Employee

Yes, when there is a problem with the inventory record for the machine you're targeting. Try forcing a full inventory scan on the target machine. If that doesn't work, delete it from the database and then run a full scan again on the machine, and retry deploying software to it.

Is this happening on every machine? Are you absolutely sure that the clients are up to the latest service pack? Make sure that the clients match the service pack on the core.

• 2. Re: Installation error
            Rookie

I am seeing this happen as well. I am at 8.7 SP5 and the client is up to date. Did the remove, re-install work?

Troy.

• 3. Re: Installation error
              Rookie

I recreated the distribution package and scheduled task. This corrected the issue.

Mike

• 4. Re: Installation error
                Rookie

I just recreated everything. I'll let you know how it goes.

Do you use a UNC or HTTP path fot the source files. I started using HTTP and I'm not sure it's the right thing to do....

Troy.

• 5. Re: Installation error
                  Apprentice

I would use HTTP, this allows for a download to continue if it gets interrupted. A UNC does not. At the end of the day though, they both work.

• 6. Re: Installation error
                    Rookie

Just ran again. Failed again with the same message. I don't get what's happening.

Part Log File from the Console. It clearly downloads all the files. The second line exhibits the error.

Tue, 11 Mar 2008 16:37:35 Downloading file 241 of 241 from 'http://pclandesk.cfifl.cfiorg.net/packages/Office2K7Vol/Word.en-us/WordMUI.xml'

Tue, 11 Mar 2008 16:37:35 .\AdditionalFiles.cpp(227): (8DAC4027): Failed to download and hash all additional files

Tue, 11 Mar 2008 16:37:35 processing of package is complete, result -1918091226 (0x8dac4026 - code 16422)

Here is an excerpt from the Task log on the Core....

Tue, 11 Mar 2008 16:37:02 Remote execute of application 'C:\Program Files\LANDesk\LDClient\fileversion.exe', params '"C:\Program Files\LANDesk\LDClient\sdclient.exe"' on PCMGMTX (6c1d10ac)

Tue, 11 Mar 2008 16:37:03 sdclient file version characterized as LDMS8_7_8

Tue, 11 Mar 2008 16:37:03 PCMGMTX, executing C:\Program Files\LANDesk\LDClient\sdclient.exe /p="http://pclandesk.cfifl.cfiorg.net/packages/Office2K7Vol/setup.exe" /levels=3 /FileListName="taskmanifest.PCLANDESK.457.59.ini" /FileListHash="AufGSX2y9/HuH064I4++BA==" /exe /An /polite=0 /lanpps=1 /wanpps=1 /cmds="/adminfile Office2007-LD.msp" /taskid=457 /core="PCLANDESK:172.16.1.51" /sad=20 /taskname="InstallOffice2007plus" /pkgname="Office2007Plus" /pkgdesc="Install"

Tue, 11 Mar 2008 16:37:03 Remote execute of application 'C:\Program Files\LANDesk\LDClient\sdclient.exe', params '/p="http://pclandesk.cfifl.cfiorg.net/packages/Office2K7Vol/setup.exe" /levels=3 /FileListName="taskmanifest.PCLANDESK.457.59.ini" /FileListHash="AufGSX2y9/HuH064I4++BA==" /exe /An /polite=0 /lanpps=1 /wanpps=1 /cmds="/adminfile Office2007-LD.msp" /taskid=457 /core="PCLANDESK:172.16.1.51" /sad=20 /taskname="InstallOffice2007plus" /pkgname="Office2007Plus" /pkgdesc="Install" ' on PCMGMTX (6c1d10ac)

Tue, 11 Mar 2008 16:37:35 PCMGMTX remote execution complete, result 0, exitcode -1918091226

Tue, 11 Mar 2008 16:37:35 PCMGMTX, getting client log file

Tue, 11 Mar 2008 16:37:36 PCMGMTX, getting client log file

Tue, 11 Mar 2008 16:37:36 Thread has completed processing, 0 active threads remaining

Tue, 11 Mar 2008 16:37:36 The Machine Node Queue is now empty

Tue, 11 Mar 2008 16:37:36 Shutting down thread pool

Tue, 11 Mar 2008 16:37:36 The Machine Node Queue is now empty

Tue, 11 Mar 2008 16:37:36 Thread pool shutdown

Tue, 11 Mar 2008 16:37:36 Task complete, status 8

Looks like the Muticast completes and the execution of the package fails... I'm stumped.

Troy.

• 7. Re: Installation error
                      Rookie

We used to be able to go in and perform and advanced edit on the scripts to tweak the commnd lines. Is that gone now or has it just been moved to where I can't find it?

?:|

Troy.

• 8. Re: Installation error
                        Rookie

Well the new package and scheduled task didn't help. I guess I'm gonna call support and see if we can figure out what it is.

Tue, 11 Mar 2008 17:35:28 Downloading file 241 of 241 from 'http://pclandesk.cfifl.cfiorg.net/packages/Office2K7Vol/Word.en-us/WordMUI.xml'

Tue, 11 Mar 2008 17:35:28 .\AdditionalFiles.cpp(227): (8DAC4027): Failed to download and hash all additional files

Tue, 11 Mar 2008 17:35:28 processing of package is complete, result -1918091226 (0x8dac4026 - code 16422)

It downloaded all the files but I guess it failed on the hash test....???

• 9. Re: Installation error
                          leffrt SupportEmployee

Try using Xtrace to get more information from SDClient.  Add the following Registry key on the machine and then run the job again:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Intel\LANDesk\XTrace

"Sdclient"=dword:00000001

You will need to create the key.  Once this is done run the job again and look in the log files for more information.

• 10. Re: Installation error
                            Rookie

I used UNC path.

Mike

• 11. Re: Installation error
                              Rookie

A couple other details...

Our LANDesk deployment supports several domains in one forest. I had to give the computer objects read access to the Windows share I created. This has been challending getting the cross-domain deployment working seemlessly (also, I'm new to LANDesk).

Mike