3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 13, 2011 6:03 AM by mlinde

LDMS 9.0 sp2 - command prompt keeps opening and closing on client PC

Rookie

I don't know if anyone else has encountered this problem, but since we upgraded to SP2, we've been having problems where a task will almost get stuck on the client PC in an endless loop.  What happens is on their PC, there is a command prompt window that opens for a second, then closes.  It will keep doing that every few seconds, each time displaying the command prompt on top of what they're trying to do.  This process continues indefinately, or until we kill the localsch.exe process.  Needless to say, this is causing them to get very irritated, so it needs to not happen.  I'm not sure if it's those that have a status of "Task queued at client for execution" or what.  It seems like it probably is, but hard to tell because we don't know it's doing it to them until they call us complaining of the irritating popup.  I think they're usually (maybe always) distribution packages, and they're all set to run silently.  Any ideas?

EDIT: Forgot to mention, the task that's running in the command prompt window is Taskqueue.exe, so it must be the Task queued process that's getting stuck.

This seems to be problem/solution:

http://community.landesk.com/support/docs/DOC-21980

However, in that article it mentions pushing a LANDesk agent out to the machine(s) to disable the interactive setting.  How do I do that?  Where do I set the flag to disable it in the agent?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!