2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 12, 2011 6:48 PM by dmshimself

How do you remove Configuration group from the CMDB module

neil_p1000 Apprentice

Hi all

We have set up our CMDB with various Families ie Workstations which includes laptop, PC, Tablet etc.. but the OTTB families are showing it the configuration Management System i.e Asset, Laptop, Service.

My Question is

Is there a way to hide these objects within the CMDB as it confuses our analysts and we dont want Cis entered into these families. I dont particularily want to delete them as in the future we may utilise these families.

If the only way is to delete where do i find the relevent objects and is it safe to just delete. We are currently using 7.3.2

Thanks

Neil

• 1. Re: How do you remove Configuration group from the CMDB module
          ITSMMVPGroup

Config management doesn't really give a direct way of hiding things explicitly in the Config management tool itself.  You could filter out CIs on a process drop don list, but in CI Management it shows the lot.

You could also remove privileges for analysts from certain CI Types so they cannot create any - might be the easiest thing to do.

But you could cheat a bit and use CI partitioning.  I've only tried this on 7.4, so keep that in mind.  I configured CIs to be partitioned as per the manual and as part of that you create a special list of CI Types.  There is a utility to add all the current CI types for you into that list.  But do not run that tool.  If a CI Type isn't in this special list, when you run the CI Management component, those types do not appear.  Add them to the list and they do.  OK I've missed out a lot of detail there and 732 may not work in the same way.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: How do you remove Configuration group from the CMDB module
            ITSMMVPGroup

Whoops sorry forgot to say.  CI Types can be deleted but you'd probably need a scripted solution from your local support team to do this.