1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 15, 2011 6:30 AM by zman

Primary Owner of the Device

Apprentice

Hi There,

Please can you sched some light on the primary owner field in the inventory of the device. I would like to know who is the primary owner of the device.

A scenario could be seen as: - Bearing in mind we have set Primary Owner on the Configure Services to 5

I login to my device, i become the primary owner. The next time and engineer is working on my PC, he logs in say 5 times. He becomes the primary owner. At what time do i become the primary owner again ?

And what can influence this, eg: Agent configurations etc ?

Thanks,

Mark.

• 1. Re: Primary Owner of the Device
          zman Master

My understanding of PO, is based on the user identified during inventory scans. It keeps track of this in the client's registry (you will have a mac of 5 entries in the registry) based on your core settings (you indicate you have it set to 5).  So the most prominent users out of 5 will be the PO. If there are two users in the mix then whoever has 3 entries out of 5 will be the PO.  This is influenced by your agent configuration's inventory settings - how often you do an inventory scan. More frequent inventory scans, the more frequently you have a chance for this to change.